Audrey on her first read-through, stopped at every project and looked at all the photos intently and told me, “I want to do that one, Mommy!” By the time she got to the end, she’d decided she wanted to do every one of them. A sign of a good craft magazine, right?
I love projects that involve “little ones and their grown-ups”! I think it is so important to get in there with your children and make and create all while “having a little chat” about it all.
Crafting Connections is a new digital quarterly magazine that feels as though it was made for me. The magazine is all about connecting with your little one through crafting. The pictures are beautiful, the ideas are simple yet fun, and the seasonal focus makes it even better. I think we all have those days when we would really like to do something special with our little one, but lack inspiration. Crafting Connections is like a perfectly curated activity guide with suggestions both big and small.
I cannot say enough good things about this magazine: the photos are engaging and beautiful; the projects are creative and interesting and fun (and, truly, simple enough for my preschoolers to handle). My subscription began with Issue 2: Winter, and I already can’t wait to see what the spring issue has in store for us…
It didn’t take us long to be inspired by your magazine. Our first craft was the simple sewing project. However, as proposed, ours has an “it’s 100 degrees out and I’m 8 months pregnant” twist… We made use of the materials around our house in lieu of battling heat/traffic. (This amounted to some chunky needles, needlepoint canvas squares, and left over craft yarn.) The process of working on our treasure pouch and the end product were immensely rewarding. It was fascinating for me to watch how quickly my son ran with the possibilities of our freelance sewing technique. I couldn’t help but laugh once he was done and immediately proclaimed it was now time to fill his newly created enclosure with trucks. How wonderful it is so make something with such an important purpose! :: Jess, subscriber
We’ve Contributed here…
- A Big and Little Collaboration :: Abstract Printed Scarf, Rhythm of the Home, Winter Issue 2012
- Capturing the Season: Making Autumn Leaf Playsilks, Bamboo Family Magazine, November 2012
We’ve been Featured here…
- Pumpkin & Oat Morning Bread, October 2012
- Mod Podge Luminaries, January 2013
- Holiday Gift Guides: Last Minute Gifts via Earth911, December 2012
We’ve received some Blog Love here…
- Project Day – Freezing Water on four wild blueberries, January 2013
- “Stained” Glass Candle Holders on Feathered Nest Studio, January 2013
- Crafting Connections Magazine Review (leaf mobile!) on Rowan & Oak, October 2012
- Crafting Connections, a review… (nature table forest!) on Buzzmills, October 2012
- Crafting Connections (treasure bag!) on Small & Friendly, September 2012